Each trip around the sun has me more grateful than the last. While some may loathe adding another number to their age, I absolutely love that I get the opportunity to grow older and wiser. And as each birthday comes, I like to reflect on the lessons I’ve learned over the last year!
With year 32 on deck, I’m sharing the 32 lessons I took to heart last year…
- Cherish the little moments, because when you look back, you’ll realize that they were the big moments.
- Hard work outperforms talent over time, when talent doesn’t work hard. -Tim Notke
- Consistency is key.
- Character matters.
- Your kids will do what you do, not what you say.
- Leadership begins within.
- Hope can save a life.
- People matter, and they matter most.
- Your reputation is important. Walk in integrity.
- Love like there is no tomorrow. You never know what day will be your last.
- Failure is only final when you decide to quit. So don’t give up.
- You really can do anything you set your mind too. You just need to focus.
- Kids will grow up to be big people, treat them with respect and kindness now.
- Share a smile with someone, it really can change their day.
- Give generously. It’s good for your heart.
- Declutter often. It will change your life for the better.
- Listen to understand. You’ll learn something new.
- Attack problems, not people.
- Believe the best.
- Spend your days building people up. It’s worth it.
- There are no shortcuts. You have to put in the work.
- The journey is the beautiful part. Don’t forget to enjoy it.
- The people you hang around will have an impact on your life. Choose wisely.
- It’s not enough to wish for it, you have to work it.
- Make sure your dreams and actions are alignment.
- Your words are more powerful than you think. Watch what you say.
- If you want something bad enough, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
- Cherish moments, not things.
- When you practice simple discipline, it yields incredible results over time. Stay faithful.
- Do good. It will come back to you.
- You’re worth it. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
- Rejection is just another word for re-direction. Learn the lesson and move on.
And there you have it,
The list of the 32 things I’m really grasping as I head into year 32. What a gift life is. During this year, I’m looking to gain more wisdom, build a better life for my family, and love the people that I’m able to come in contact with!